Humanized Immune System (HIS) Mice: Breakthrough Models for Immuno-Oncology Drug Discovery
At the 2022 Immuno UK conference, Taconic Biosciences hosted a scientific session on the role of humanized immune system models on advancements in immuno-oncology research. This event brought together the world's top cancer care researchers and academics to share insights and innovations in the field of immunotherapy.
During this session, Dr. Ivan Gladwyn-Ng, Associate Director of Field Applications Sciences discussed the critical role of humanized immune system mouse models in accelerating drug discovery.
Watch his presentation to learn about the different approaches to human cell engraftment in murine models and how humanized immune system models can improve preclinical efficacy trials.
Watch this presentation to:
- Get an overview of the traditional and humanized immune system mouse models available for immuno-oncology.
- Learn about best practices for human cell engraftment in Taconic's NOG model portfolio.
- Review ideal murine hosts for human PBMC, CD34+ HSCs, and myeloid cell engraftments
- Discover new models available for improved ACT/CAR-T or NK preclinical efficacy trials.
- Get a summary of Taconic's scientific and consultative approach that helps you achieve your research goals.
Watch the Presentation
Ivan Gladwyn-Ng, PhD
Associate Director, Field Applications Sciences | Taconic Biosciences
Dr. Ivan Gladwyn-Ng is an expert in rodent models for scientific research and has co-authored numerous publications regarding immuno-oncology and infectious diseases.
He completed post-doctoral research with the GIGA Institute (Liege, Belgium) and held an adjunct position with the Institut Pasteur (Paris, France). His prior experience also includes a research associateship with the Harry Perkins Medical Institute (Perth, Australia). Ivan earned his doctorate in Neurosciences from the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute (Melbourne, Australia) and a B.Sc. from the Monash University.